Flood Insurance

Flood insurance to keep your way of life afloat

If your home is damaged in a flood, are you covered? That depends on the value of your property, the level of water damage and whether you have flood insurance. Flood damage is not a part of the standard homeowners policy and must be provide separately. Luckily, we offer extensive flood insurance coverage to homeowners, renters, condo owners, and businesses.

What do we cover under flood insurance?

Building Property:

  • The insured building and its foundation.
  • Permanently installed carpeting over unfinished flooring, panelling, wallboard, bookcases and cabinets.
  • Electrical and plumbing systems.
  • Window blinds.
  • Refrigerators, stoves and built-in appliances such as dishwashers.
  • Debris removal.

Personal Property:

  • Washers and dryers.
  • Personal belongings, such as clothing, furniture and electronic equipment.
  • Food freezers and food in them.
  • Curtains.
  • Certain valuable items such as artwork and fur.
  • Portable microwave ovens and air conditioners.

What’s not covered?

  • Living expenses, for example, temporary housing.
  • Financial losses caused by business interruption and loss of use of insured property
  • Damage caused by moisture, mildew or mold that could have been avoided by the property owner.
  • Property and belongings outside of an insured building such as trees, plants, hot tubs, sea walls, wells, fences, septic systems, patios, decks and swimming pools.

We’ll take care of that

Let one of our agents at Ford Insurance Agency serve you. To learn more about hazard insurance and flood insurance, call us at 231.941.0450 or send us an email at info@fordinsurance.net.

Contact Us